National Oreo® Day
Posted March 1, 2017
Celebrate National Oreo® Day with Dippin’ Dots!
March 6, 1912 will go down as one of the most important dates in history—it’s the filing date for the Oreo® trademark.
And with the introduction of the Oreo® cookie, the world became a sweeter place.
On National Oreo® Day, celebrate Oreo® cookies the best way possible - with some delicious Dippin’ Dots ice cream! Oreo® ice cream is just one example of how Oreo® cookies make everything better. In fact, Dippin’ Dots Cookies ‘n Cream is one of our most popular flavors—but there’s more! Want some Halloween fun with your Oreo® ice cream? Then get the so-good-it’s-scary Spookies ‘n Cream! Want to enjoy the holidays with the cool flavor or mint Oreo® cookies? Try our Mint Cookie Crunch. Nothing can beat the unique fun of Dippin’ Dots ice cream with the best-selling cookie in the world!
In honor of National Oreo® Day, enjoy some fun facts about Oreo®cookies!
- Around the world…and then some! 40 billion Oreo® cookies are made each year. The length of all those cookies combined would travel around the planet five times!
- Patience is a virtue. It takes approximately 59 minutes to make a single cookie.
- What’s in a name? Even though Oreo® cookies have been around for over 100 years, no one really knows where the name “Oreo” came from.
- Not enough stuff. It would be easy to think that Double Stuff Oreo® cookies have twice as much filling as regular Oreo cookies, but they only have 1.86 times more filling.
- The price of goodness. When they first came out, Oreo® cookies sold for 25 cents a pound.
Want to enjoy Oreo® cookies even more? Get some Dippin’ Dots Oreo® Ice Cream! Check out our locator to find the nearest Dippin’ Dots near you, or guarantee you’ll get your favorite flavors when you order online. Our home delivery options are quick and easy, helping you get your Dippin’ Dots fix in no time!
Happy Oreo® Day!See More News